How we use your data
Type550.com is an information and resource website for users interested in the history, production and identification of Porsche 550 spyders. We are not associated with Dr.-Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG and will never claim to be. We have a small ecommerce shop with a number of custom designed vintage posters and vintage car decals for purchase. Sale of these items help fund the upkeep and development of this website for the future enjoyment of enthusiasts visiting this website.
Following is a lot of technical information regarding how we use your personal information legally. In most instances, your personal data is only used in Google Analytics to give us data to analyse the scope of visitors and how they interact when visiting the website. This information is deidentified and is not specific to an individual site visitor. Your personal details will be collected if you sign up to the newsletter, purchase a product or send an email via the contact form. This information will only be used for the purpose of sharing information regarding content on this website or personally addressing a request via the contact form. We do not use 3rd party advertising within the website nor do we sell any personal data collected to 3rd parties.
As a resource website, we have a large database of both period and current photographic images of Porsche 550 spyders and associated documentation displayed. Most of these images are provided with permission by current owners or photographers and many are sourced from other websites or social media platforms. As these cars were manufactured in 1953 to 1956, it is difficult to ascertain original copyright ownership of many images, whether it be by the original photographer or current owner. If you find an image on this website that you can prove you own and would either like a credit listed with the image on the website or the image removed, I am obliged to do so by request, by using the contact form on the website. All images are under copyright by the rightful owner and the images will not be used for the purpose of selling to profit from.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE RAISE
You can in principle visit our website without giving any personal details (such as your name, postal address or e-mail address). We collect, use and store personal information about you and the devices (including mobile devices) that you use when:
- You use our services
- You provide us with information through a web form
- or if you contact us in any other way.
We also use social network plug-ins that allow these social networks to collect data. Some of your personal data (e-mail address, billing address information, if applicable) are required in order to complete and execute the license agreement.
Personal information that you provide when using our services:
- Data that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address you provide when you make an information request.
- Data that you submit through a web form or when we communicate with you for other reasons (clarification of issues and correspondence / feedback, etc.).
- Data we are required or entitled to collect and process under applicable law, and which we may need for your authentication, identification, or verification of the information we collect.
- Newsletter registration: If you would like to receive the newsletter offered by www.type550.com, we need a valid e-mail address from you. We do not collect any further information beyond the e-mail address and registration confirmation information. Your consent to the storage of the data, the e-mail address and their use for sending the newsletter, you can withdraw at any time with effect for the future.
Personal data that we collect automatically when using our services:
- By default, we collect information about your interaction with our services, and your communications with us. This is information that we receive from devices (including mobile devices) that you use when accessing our services. This data may include: device ID or unique identifier, device type, and unique device token. This information will only be associated with you when you have provided us with your e-mail address or other identifying information when using our website.
- Location information and geolocation data, including those from your mobile device. Please note that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services through an application on your mobile device in the device’s Settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics about your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, your IP address, the pages you visit within our website and services and information from the web server log files.
Personal information we collect through cookies and similar technologies:
- We set cookies, unique identifiers, and similar technologies to retrieve information about the pages you visit, the links you click, and other actions you take as part of our services or e-mail content.
Personal data collected by social networks (social media plug-ins)
- Please note that if you visit our website and do not want the social network to associate your visit to our website with your respective user account, you must be logged out of the user account of the respective social network.
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES AND TO WHICH LEGAL BASES WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal information for various business purposes and according to the different
legal bases of the processing. Below is a summary of how and under what legal basis we use your personal information:
- to make the data correct and to verify it with the help of third-party providers;
- to provide you with the requested customer service by email or by phone;
- to detect, prevent and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or unlawful activities
- to improve our services, for example by reviewing information related to blocked or crashed sites, so we can identify and resolve issues and provide you with a better user experience;
- to contact you by e-mail or by mail in accordance with applicable law, to provide you with vouchers, discounts and promotions, to collect your opinion through surveys or questionnaires and to inform you of our services;
- to verify the quality and success of our email marketing campaigns (eg by analyzing opening and click rates);
- to monitor and improve the information security of our services.
Objection to the use of your personal data
If you do not want to receive any marketing messages from us, you can do so by contacting us directly (eg by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by unsubscribing from the unsubscribe link in the marketing message.
- DISCLOSURE AND TRANSMISSION OF YOUR DATA THROUGH US
We may use your personal information to third parties for the following purposes transmit :
- To law enforcement agencies, to third parties in court proceedings and to legally authorized third parties:
- To law enforcement agencies, government agencies, or authorized third parties seeking information in connection with a preliminary investigation or suspected criminal offense, unlawful act, or other act that may give rise to legal liability for us, you, or any other user. We will only disclose information that is relevant to the inquiry or inquiry, such as: Name, city, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address, listing content, fraud complaints;
- To rightholders who have entered into a confidentiality agreement with us in connection with an investigation for fraud, infringement of intellectual property or any other unlawful act, as we deem necessary or reasonable in our sole discretion. In such cases, we will inform you of the name, address, city, postal code, country, telephone number, e-mail address, company name and listing content; the confidentiality agreement provides, inter alia, that the data may only be used in connection with legal proceedings and / or soliciting legal advice and / or answering questions by the user who placed the advertisement;
- To third parties who institute legal proceedings or are involved in a lawsuit, if they provide us with a legal, court or equivalent legal act, or if we have a good faith belief that the disclosure of the data is necessary to act immediately avert danger to life and limb or financial loss or to report suspicions of unlawful acts.
- HOW LONG WE SAVE YOUR DATA
In principle, we store your personal data as long as we have a legitimate interest in this storage and do not outweigh your interests in the non-continuation of the storage.
- DATA SECURITY
Type550.com takes all necessary technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from loss, unauthorized access or other misuse. This saves your data in a secure operating environment that is inaccessible to the public. If you wish to contact us by e-mail, we point out that the confidentiality of the transmitted information is not guaranteed. The content of emails can be viewed by third parties. We protect your data through technical and organizational security measures to minimize risks associated with loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and unauthorized disclosure and alteration of such data. For example, we use firewalls and data encryption, as well as physical access restrictions for our data centers and data access authorization controls. If you believe that your account has been misused, please contact us at email@example.com .
- YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS, CHANGE, INFORMATION, CORRECTION, DELETION, BLOCKING AND OPPOSITION
We respect your legal rights:
- You have the right to know which personal data we store about you. If your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request us to correct it or to complete it.
- You may also ask us to delete or restrict your personal information; this right is determined by applicable law and may affect your access to some of our services.
- In certain cases (in particular in the case of data processing based on our legitimate interest, or in the case of direct marketing), you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- OTHER INFORMATION
Abuse and unwanted communication (“spam”)
We do not tolerate misuse of our website. You are not permitted to put other users of our website on your (email or post) mailing list for commercial purposes. If you notice that someone is abusing our website (in the form of spam or spoof emails), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
E-mail / messaging tools
Questions and contact
You may revoke your consent to the use of your personal information at any time with future effect by initiating the deletion of your user account by message to us at the above contact details.
(Cookies, web beacons and similar technologies)
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (hereafter “Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, ie text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of our website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on our website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of type550.com to evaluate your use of our website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to type550.com. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
We also use Google Analytics reports for anonymous disclosures
- demographics (eg age and gender) and interests of our website visitors; and
- regarding the success of our advertising on other websites (eg number of impressions, clicks on ads)
that we receive through third-party cookies or similar technologies and process in Google Analytics. This information has been obtained by third-party providers about interest-based advertising. We also use this anonymous form of information for purposes of targeting and retargeting, to provide content tailored to your interests, including advertisements, on our and other websites, or to have them provided by third parties (in conjunction with the use of third party cookies).
Disable Google Analytics
You can prevent the storage of Google Analytics cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of our website to the full extent. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of our website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. More information can be found at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or at http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information about Google Analytics and privacy) , Please note that on our website Google Analytics has been extended by the code “gat._anonymizeIp ();” in order to guarantee an anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP-masking). You can also prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics . We also use Google Analytics to analyze data from AdWords and the Double-Click Cookie for statistical purposes. If you do not want this, you can disable it through the Ads Preferences Manager . If you only want to disable or change Google Analytics for the purposes of displaying content tailored to your interests, including advertisements, you can adjust your Google Display Network settings in the Ads Settings.