The 550 spyder with chassis # 550-0053, was delivered to John von Neumann’s Competition Motors of Hollywood in early July 1955 for its new owner Eldon C. Beagle of Sacramento. With engine number #P90049, the spyder was finished in silver with red upholstery and a full double windshield. Beagle paid $6,430 for the new Porsche, which was retailed to him through local dealership Oxford Motors. It was the first in a line of Porsche racing Spyders that Beagle owned and campaigned with great success on the West Coast and in the Bahamas.
Beagle raced 550-0053 in 14 races from 1955-1956. In his first race at Sacramento in 1955, he started on the front row next to von Neumann and finished 4th in Class. In 1956 races, his notable class results in 0053 included a 2nd Place at Stockton, California, 2nd and 3rd at Salt Lake City, a 3rd at Buchanan Field, 3rd at Santa Maria, and 2nd and 3rd at Arcata. Beagle finished on the podium in his spyder in eight of the 14 races he entered. By September 1956, Beagle sold 550-0053 after he bought 550-0088.